Principles & Values
Top > Japan > About PEFC > Principles & Values : 日本語
- Benefits the biodiversity of nature and the environment.
- Promotes the economically viable, environmentally appropriate and socially beneficial management of forests.
- Provides independent certified proof of the sustainable mangement of forests.
- Provides continuous supplies of wood products from millions of hectares of sustainably managed certified sources.
- Develops national forest management certification standards and schemes, using multi-stakeholder processes for the protection of forests, which have been signed up to by 37 nations in Europe and other inter-governemental processes for sustainable forest management around the world.
- Uses internationally recognised accreditation and certification processes to ensure independence of control, standard setting and delivery of sustainable forest management.
- Is supported by 35 independent certification schemes and their stakeholders,
including woodland owners, industry, environmental and social interests
- Regular independent certified controls from the tree in the forest to the final product reassure the customer that the wood-based products can be traced back to sustainably managed forests.
- Facilitates active involvement of all forests and enterprises regardless of size. This includes family-owned forests and also small to medium sized forest enterprises as well as multinational corporations.
- Accomodates and incorporates the global diversity of forest types, cultural heritage, ownership structures and management objectives.